Sep 11, 2011
When Shawn Manaher, CEO and founder of The Content Authority, was making plans for his new company, two things were of utmost importance to him. He wanted to provide good quality articles for clients to make and keep them happy. Second, he wanted a company that could attract excellent writers and keep them happy. Manaher had these two goals in mind when he recently guided redesign of The Content Authority’s site.
According to Faith A. Kaltenbach, Client Services Manager, the site has updated features beneficial to clients and writers especially in Direct Orders. “The direct order area has been improved with features like client specific rates that will allow for more stability of writer rates for clients, and for writers to accept direct orders at different quality levels. Managing orders will be faster and easier than ever with enhanced features there.”
Writer specific enhancements include:
- An expanded account history area so writers can easily track orders they have completed. Writers can also filter for paid or unpaid invoices.
- A keyword density tool permits writers to see how many times to use keywords to meet the client’s requirement.
- There is an expanded help section.
- The new Writer Marketplace gives writers the ability to create specialized pricing for clients, based on the type of content they are writing. For instance, a writer may like to charge .01 per word for general SEO content, but if they are writing an eBook with sales copy, they might want to charge .03 per word.
- Writers can share some of their own online work with clients that may lead to opportunities for writers.
- Writer ratings, a combination of reviews done by the quality control teams and clients, will allow writers to know how others are rating them.
All of the features of TCA’s new site are directed toward the company’s original goals and maintaining an efficient site that is easy for both clients and writers to use.