The Content Authority Blog

This Blog Is Written By The Content Authority

linkedin_logoEach social media network is unique. Each one has its own audience, its own strengths and indeed its own style. LinkedIn is one of those networks with a distinct style and audience. It is frequented by professionals and is often used for professional networking as opposed to sharing images of your children and casual status updates. It’s the place where people go to show what they know and to connect with others on a professional instead of personal level. Following are some tips for companies looking to leverage the platform for more exposure. According to Hubspot, 43% of marketers have acquired a customer on LinkedIn.

 

Make the Most Out of Your Company Page

You have several opportunities to brand your page and insert information about products and services. Use the banner section of your company page to showcase your logo or an image that symbolizes what you do as a company.

The Content Authority linkedIn company pageAdministrators can add company specialties, additional logos, recruiting posters, groups, and a company description to the page. By adding keywords in some of these sections, you can increase the likelihood that your company will show up for specific queries.

LinkedIn also features service pages where admins can add a bunch of information on the products/services that the company offers. These pages will be visible to users and the visitors can add recommendations for services.

 

linkedin-demographicsTake Note of Your Demographics

Naturally, you should grow your following on LinkedIn just like on any other network, but unlike other social platforms, LinkedIn places an emphasis on the professional status of the people connected to your page.

Specifically, you can see the professional ranking of those connected to your page. See if your audience is comprised primarily of entry-level people, CEOs or a mix somewhere in between. Think carefully about the content you share as the brand with your audience in mind. This is true for any network, and on LinkedIn, you want to share content that is relevant on a professional level to your audience.

 

thoughtfulPost Thoughtful Content

You should be posting content as your company page at least a couple of times a week if not more. Not only should your content be relevant to your audience, but it should be helpful and insightful. You should also be following the 80/20 rule. That means 80% of your content should be non promotional and the other 20% can be about your company.

Links, images, useful data and video tend to get the most interaction; however, this is a time when you should watch your analytics closely. Plan out content to post for about a month and make sure you have a good mix of different kinds of content.

After the month is over, go back and see which posts got the most clicks, the most interactions and were viewed by the most people. Model future content after that which got the most interactions.

 

Tracking Conversions

When using 20% of your time on the platform to post self-promotional items, make sure you are measuring your activities. If you are using an analytics platform and you are sending traffic back to your website, you can use customized URLs for your posts.

Make sure you have well-optimized landing pages so that visitors can easily convert when they arrive at your site. You should also be laying out clear goals. Are you using LinkedIn to sell things? Are you using it to generate leads? Make goals that are measureable and attainable so you can see if the platform is working well for you as a business.

LinkedIn is a powerful networking and marketing tool. As a business, you can leverage the personality of the network to get people engaged with your brand. Craft your profile to stand out, know your audience, be thoughtful, be helpful and measure your marketing activities.

 

What tips do you have for using LinkedIn for business? Let us know by leaving a comment below!

About Shawn Manaher

Shawn Manaher has written 384 post in this blog.


Loading Facebook Comments ...
There are no comments.

Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

End Comment -->
Navigation